I’ve released a new version of my http-screenshot-html.nse script for NMAP. I also moved the hosting to GitHub as Google Code no longer allows file uploads.
Version 1.3 is mostly a bug fix release. The list of changes are below:
- Modified the check for HTTP status on port. Now using “http.status ~= nil”.
- Will not run the script on HTTP ports that respond with HTTP code 400, 501, or 503. wkhtmltoimage seems hang when scanning ports with those response codes.
- Moved io.open() within PORTACTION closer to the first file write command. This eliminates the “too many files open” error.
- Declared ‘ret’ variable within PORTACTION. This error caused the script to fail and not write data to the HTML file.
- Added lots of debugging code for troubleshooting.
Let me know if there are any issues of feature requests on the GitHub page or in the comments to this post.